How to Configure a Grandstream GSC35xx Series for 3CX
On this topic
Supported Models: Grandstream GSC35xx seriesStep 1: Upgrade to the Required FirmwareStep 2: Factory Reset the IP PhoneStep 3: Provision of the phoneLocal LAN or SBC: Provision via Plug’n’PlayRemote phones: Provision with the Manual Provisioning LinkStep 4: Extended Phone Configuration
Supported Models: Grandstream GSC35xx series
- Grandstream GSC3505
- Grandstream GSC3510
Step 1: Upgrade to the Required Firmware
Ensure that the phone is running on the required firmware by 3CX. If the device needs to be updated manually, download the latest distributed required firmware by 3CX here. Read how to check what firmware the phones are running on and how to upgrade them in the “How to manually upgrade Grandstream IP Phones” guide.
Step 2: Factory Reset the IP Phone
Before provisioning the IP phone, you must reset it to factory defaults to erase any residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device read our “How to Factory Reset a Grandstream GSC35xx” guide.
Step 3: Provision of the phone
You can provision a phone using these methods:
- Plug & Play – For phones on the local LAN or behind the 3CX SBC.
- Manual Provisioning – For phones on remote networks that connect directly to 3CX and use STUN.
For more information, see “When can I use which provisioning method?”.
Local LAN or SBC: Provision via Plug’n’Play
To provision via Plug’n’Play:
- Connect the phone to the network to send a PnP request automatically to 3CX.
- Go to “Phones” in the 3CX Management Console and notice the new phone marked in Bold.
- Select the new phone BOLD entry and choose “Assign Ext” or “Add Ext”, depending on whether you want to assign the phone to an existing extension or create a new one.
- All major provisioning settings are pre-populated. If your PBX has multiple network cards, select which network this IP phone is connected to.
- Click “OK” to automatically configure the phone and reboot it to finalize the setup.
Remote phones: Provision with the Manual Provisioning Link
Due to the lack of a user input/screen, you can use the Manual Link Provisioning method outlined here, as the device cannot be configured via RPS.
Step 4: Extended Phone Configuration
You can configure an IP phone to match the user’s needs or skip this step and roll out the phone with a default configuration. In 3CX Management Console you can alter configuration options at a later stage and apply changes by selecting the phone in “Phones” and then clicking on “Re-Provision”, i.e.: