Configuring Fanvil SIP Doorphones, Speaker and Paging Gateway
On this topicSupported Models:Step 1: Factory Reset the DeviceStep 2: Enable DHCPStep 3: Upgrade to the Required firmwareStep 4: Provision a Fanvil Infrastructure DeviceLocal Network or SBC: Provision via Plug’n’PlayRemote Phones: Use a Manual Provisioning LinkKnown Limitations
These models and minimum firmware versions are supported:
- Door-phone Fanvil i20S – 188.8.131.5216
- Door-phone Fanvil i23S – 184.108.40.20616
- Video Door-phone Fanvil i18S – 220.127.116.1116
- Video Door-phone i30 – 18.104.22.16816
- Video Door-phone i31S – 22.214.171.12416
- SIP Paging Gateway PA2 – 126.96.36.19916
- SIP Speaker iW30 – 188.8.131.5216
Step 1: Factory Reset the Device
Make sure that your device is reset to factory settings before proceeding by pressing and holding the “Reset” button for 5-10 seconds.
Step 2: Enable DHCP
The first step in configuring Infrastructure Devices is to create a reservation in your DHCP server for the Fanvil Device using its MAC address.
Note: DHCP is disabled on the Fanvil iW30 Speaker and PA2 devices, so follow these steps to enable it:
- Make sure that your device is reset to factory settings.
- Connect the device’s PC port to a PC configured with a suitable static IP address, e.g. 192.168.1.120.
- Login to the device’s web interface using the default “admin / admin” credentials via its default IP address, e.g. 192.168.1.128 .
- Go to “Network”, change the setting to “DHCP” and click on “Apply”.
- Reboot the gateway.
- Plug the gateway to your network using the WAN port, to be used for registration, provisioning and configuration.
Step 3: Upgrade to the Required firmware
Ensure that the device is running on the required firmware by 3CX. If the device requires manual updating to meet the minimum firmware requirement, you can download it from here.
Manually upgrading the firmware is only required for initial provisioning. After that the firmware can be upgraded via the 3CX Management Console whenever a new version is available.
To manually update a Fanvil Infrastructure Device’s firmware:
- Extract the downloaded firmware into a folder on your PC.
- Login to the Fanvil Infrastructure Device and go to the “Maintenance” > “Update” page.
- Click the “Select” button and browse for the firmware file from the extracted firmware folder.
- Click on the “Upgrade” button to reboot the Fanvil Infrastructure Device and install the firmware version you selected.
Step 4: Provision a Fanvil Infrastructure Device
You can provision a phone using these methods:
- Plug & Play – for phones on the local network or behind a 3CX SBC.
- RPS – for phones on remote networks to be connected directly to 3CX using STUN.
For more information, see “When can I use which provisioning method?”.
Local Network or SBC: Provision via Plug’n’Play
- Log in to the 3CX Management Console and go to the “Phones” function.
- Find the PnP request of the Fanvil Infrastructure Device and press “Add Ext” or “Assign Ext”. All mandatory values are automatically filled in.
- For Fanvil Doorphone device only:
- The VoiceMail PIN number is used as the Door Open password, so you need to set the VoiceMail PIN to the desired code before proceeding to the next step.
Remote Phones: Use a Manual Provisioning Link
- Point your web browser to your phone’s IP address.
- Navigate to “System” > “Auto Provisioning”.
- Go to the “Static Provisioning Server” section and paste your “Provisioning Link” URL into the “Server Address”.
- In the “Protocol Type” select “HTTPS”.
- Set the “Update Mode” to “Update after Reboot”.
- Press “Apply” and reboot to provision your Fanvil phone.